September 3rd, 2008
Students also received some class materials: planners and shuttle folders (for taking notes and homework home).
We had recess training with Ms. Bunny who reminded us of the standard operating procedures of the playground.
Finally, we discussed the issue of class rules. At first, we thought about the possibility of having no rules. A few cheers went up. We figured out that people could do anything with no rules: chew gum, drink pop, sleep, leave, have recess all day, steal. But then we asked ourselves if we should do those things, and the honest answer was no. While some of those things might be fun, they could hurt, harm or distract people, and they definitely wouldn’t be helping us learn and make our brains smarter. The class voted and decided that we should have some kind of rules. We’ll choose our rules tomorrow.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
- Look for your student’s first day folder. Please complete and return the enclosed forms from your student’s first day folder, if you haven’t already.
- I’ve asked students to bring in up to three things to put up on our Pride Board. Students are welcome to bring photos, awards, medals-anything that can be put on a bulletin board. Students can replace the items at any time and will get them back at the end of the year.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.
- Volunteers are needed to help with Team Day, this Friday from 2:00-3:40 pm. Students will be participating in team-building activities. All directions will be provided. Please contact me if you would like to help.
- Open House is Thursday, from 6:30-7:30 pm. Come check out the room!
- Find a list of school supplies here. I have poly envelopes for sale for $0.75 each, and dry erase markers for $0.75-$1.00.