September 30th, 2008
Spelling: Today was a preview of upcoming spelling words.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 21-23 are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day. Some students worked on visualizing as a reading strategy.
Writing: Today students added some possible future writing ideas to their Brainstorms list, and they’ll choose a writing topic tomorrow.
The next piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due October 10.
Math: We reviewed three-dimensional figures and started a math experiment to count the faces, edges and vertices of space figures.
Science: None due to an extended Social Studies time and Picture Day.
Social Studies: We reviewed the long growing season and location of coal in the Southeast, took notes in our minibooks, and started learning about how the Southeast was known for slavery in the past.
- Yellow magnets: 5
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 9
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 28): 12
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Late Start tomorrow! Students arrive at 11:10 am.
- Schedule your Fall Parent Teacher Conference online now and avoid work and family schedule conflicts.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.