October 10th, 2008
Spelling: We played a game to review the common spelling patterns for the /k/ sound: k, ck, ch, qu, c. This will be the skill tested on the spelling test coming on Monday.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 24-26 were reviewed Friday.
Reading: Students presented their Literature Circles projects today.
Writing: None today due to an extended time with Literature Circles projects.
Technology: Students practiced using their MrHowd.com email addresses and started Math Skills. Have your student show you their email account!
Math: Students were introduced to Math Skills today.Science: We completed the Question Search experiment today. Students traded their “weird” objects with other students. Each student had to name, describe, diagram and write questions for their unknown objects.
We’ll have a sound science test coming up on Monday. The test will assess these concepts:
- high and low pitches
- how to change pitch with length, speed of vibrations and tension
- forms of energy
Social Studies: We learned that the Northeast is famous for fishing. Homework is to finish the SQ3R: Four Seasons and Fishing organizer.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 20
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 20
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Schedule your Fall Parent Teacher Conference online now and avoid work and family schedule conflicts.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.