November 13th, 2008
Spelling: Students completed the first spelling achievement test today. This test of 30 words will be given after Christmas and again near the end of the year to assess spelling growth.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 39, 40 and 44 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on making connections as a reading strategy.
Writing: None today due to technology.
Each student will write and illustrate one page for our class book, and this page will also be submitted into portfolios on December 1.
Technology: We started an Inspirational Poster project. Students searched for an inspirational quote and copied it to a page on our planning website. Feel free to browse the pages.
Math: Students revised their draft bar graphs today. Homework is to create a final draft bar graph.
Science: We completed an experiment today using color filters to make colored light. Homework is to finish the experiment if not finished in class.
Social Studies: We made government minibooks today and started to learn that Michigan’s government uses taxes to provide services to its citizens.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 4
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 189
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time online.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.