December 16th, 2008
Spelling: We learned that the –dge (ledge, pledge, lodge) spelling pattern usually follows short vowels, and the –ge (page, huge, stage) pattern usually follows long vowels.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 54-56 are available and due Friday.
Reading: None today due to wrapping gifts for the seven-year old boy we are sponsoring. Thanks for your generosity! We were able to wrap a full tub of presents to deliver on Thursday.
Writing: Today was a work day for students, and they should be editing by now. A piece of fiction is due into portfolios by this Friday, December 19.
Math: None today due to art.
Science: There was a science test today over light, color and shadows.
Social Studies: We reviewed for the test tomorrow over government.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 3
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 31): 4
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39): 2
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Our Mexican Fiesta party is Friday, December 19. Family members are needed to help with food preparations, set up, cleanup, and with the piñata. We also need help with food donations. Click here to see our volunteer list and add your name to the bottom if you are attending.
- Donations for sponsored family: Thanks for helping this family have a wonderful Christmas!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: None due to the fiesta