December 18th, 2008
Spelling: We practiced using adjectives to describe by making “candy canes for sale” signs.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 54-56 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Students performed their reader’s theatre plays today to practice reading with good fluency, voice and expression.
Writing: Students worked on publishing their piece of fiction, due into portfolios by Friday, December 19.
Science: We made new magnet minibooks and brainstormed things we knew and thought we knew about magnets.
Social Studies: We made new Michigan’s Land and Water minibooks, started reading, and started an alphabet soup organizer.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 6
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 4
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 31): 0
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39): 3
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Our Mexican Fiesta party is Friday, December 19. Family members are needed to help with food preparations, set up, cleanup, and with the piñata. We also need help with food donations. Click here to see our volunteer list and add your name to the bottom if you are attending.
- Donations for sponsored family: Thanks for helping this family have a wonderful Christmas!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: None due to the fiesta