May 22nd, 2009
Spelling: Students completed a spelling achievement test today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Students published their collect of poems today, made sure their I-Search presentations were in their portfolios, and started working on the final writing piece of the year. This piece is an information comparison piece called, Find It, Decide It. Students will work in pairs to find information to make a decision (more information here). This final piece is due Friday, June 5.
Math: None today due to the Space Fashion Show.
Social Studies: None today.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 18
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 3
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 1): 3
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Do you have a plan to keep your student learning over the summer? Check out the GRASP Summer Reading and Math program and other opportunities to make sure your student is ready for fifth grade!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Jared, Joseph