May 28th, 2009
Class activities for Thursday, May 28
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Students continued to work on their Find It, Decide It comparative information piece. Students will work in pairs to find information to make a decision (more information here). Today, students worked in the computer lab to find information or started writing up their decision. This final piece is due Friday, June 5.
Math: We reviewed dividing shapes into pieces and shading to match a given fraction. We also learned about fractions of sets (1/2 of 20 = 10, 1/3 of 12 = 4, 2/3 of 12 = 8). Homework is to finish Journal pp. 193-194.
Science: None today.
Social Studies: We learned about the Toledo War, how Michigan became a state, and reviewed how Michigan helped with the Civil War.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 4
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 3
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 1): 6
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Do you have a plan to keep your student learning over the summer? Check out the GRASP Summer Reading and Math program and other opportunities to make sure your student is ready for fifth grade!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Jared, Joseph