September 29th, 2009
Spelling: Today was a preview of upcoming spelling words. The Unit 1 spelling worksheet is due tomorrow.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 32-34 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles. Students also completed a narrative reading test.
Writing: We reviewed how to make a web today for prewriting. The next piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due Friday, October 16. Students should be done with prewriting and ready to start their draft.
Science: Students went on a hunt for forms of energy. Homework is to finish the Energy Hunt activity.
The Energy Fair is this Friday. See here for more information about the Energy Fair.
Social Studies: We finished watching a Dear America movie about the underground railroad.
- Yellow magnets: 4
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week: 6
- Do you happen to have any spare garbage bag twist ties? We would use them in math if happen to have any you could spare! Thanks!
- Would you like to volunteer for a class event? Download and print a volunteer information form (PDF).
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.