October 28th, 2009
Spelling: None today due to taking a class photograph.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 15-17 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We talked about using choice adjectives to describe the story better. Adjectives describe nouns and help the reader to picture the story. The class added adjectives to poem, based on work by Karen Hesse, to make it more interesting:
Come On, Rain
The adjectives show up before the nouns and answer the question, “What kind?”
Students also worked on their draft or started revising today.
The next piece of writing will be a personal narrative that has been slightly fictionalized, or, in other words, a personal narrative based on a true story. This piece of writing will be due Friday, November 6. This will be the final writing piece of the first marking period. Students should be ready working on drafts by now or ready to revise.
Math: None today due to Diversity Day.
Science: None today due to library.
Social Studies: We reviewed Michigan’s natural resources. There will be a test tomorrow about Michigan’s natural resources and industries.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 2
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 2
- Need to make, change or check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time? See here.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
- Our Hawaiian Beach Bash will be Friday, October 30 from 9:30-11:45 am. Sign up on our volunteer or guest list.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.