October 29th, 2009
Spelling: We reviewed long e spelling patterns and discussed spelling surprise words. A word is a spelling surprise when you have to use your eyes to spell it, not just sounding it out. For example, people is a spelling surprise, because it doesn’t look like it sounds.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 15-17 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: None today due to technology.
The next piece of writing will be a personal narrative that has been slightly fictionalized, or, in other words, a personal narrative based on a true story. This piece of writing will be due Friday, November 6. This will be the final writing piece of the first marking period. Students should be revising by now.
Math: We continued to practice making bar graphs. Today, students worked on the final copy of their bar graphs started earlier this week. Homework is to finish the final copy bar graph and the Get Water-Wise worksheet, if not done in class. These assignments will be due on Monday.
Science: None today due to art.
Social Studies: There was a test today about Michigan’s natural resources and industries.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 4
- Need to make, change or check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time? See here.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
- Our Hawaiian Beach Bash will be Friday, October 30 from 9:30-11:45 am. Sign up on our volunteer or guest list.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.