November 12th, 2009
Spelling: Students completed a spelling and skill test today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 21-23 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles. Some groups worked on making inferences using clues from the text.
Writing: None today due to technology.
The next piece of writing will be a fiction piece, due Monday, November 30. Students should be drafting by now.
Math: None today due to practice for the Fourth Grade Musical.
Science: Students completed an experiment using graduated cylinders to measure and mix colored water. The result was a spectrum of colored water. The students then measured the amount of colored water in each container.
Social Studies: We finished learning about immigration and migration to Michigan. We found out that immigrants and African Americans came to Michigan for factory jobs and more freedom. Students completed the SQ3R (survey, question, read, recite, review) organizer and it was collected for a grade.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 1
- The Fourth Grade Musical is tonight, November 12 at 7:30 pm.
- Need to make, change or check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time? See here.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.