February 3rd, 2010
Spelling: None today due to the late start.
Cursive: We are finished with cursive review worksheets for this year. For the remainder of the year, the weekly cursive assignment will be to write ten sentences in cursive, using at least seven words for each sentence. Also, students are now required to write their planners in cursive.
Reading: None today due to the late start.
Writing: None today due to the late start.
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- See examples of Choose Your Own Adventure fiction websites here and here
- Look through The Abominable Snowman Choose Your Own Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book)
- View the titles of all the Choose Your Own Adventure books to get adventure topic ideas
- Play Zork, a text-based computer came. Here is a list of commands and directions. Here is a map of the dungeon if you get stuck or lost.
Math: We practiced subtracting decimals. Homework is to complete Journal pp. 88.
Science: None today due to library.
Social Studies: Students completed a test today over map skills, geography and regions.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 1
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 2
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Friday, February 12 from 1:30 pm to the end of the day. We need volunteers for food items to bring, including sloppy joe mix, buns, chips, and drink boxes. We also need family volunteers to help with food setup, cleanup and with the games. Click here to see the volunteer list and add your name if you are coming to the party!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.