February 11th, 2010
Spelling: We reviewed compound words today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Students continued to draft their Choose Your Own Adventure fiction gamebook, due Tuesday, February 16. Students will publish their adventure as a website at sites.mrhowd.com. Students also had revising conferences by having a partner comment on their website.
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- See examples of Choose Your Own Adventure fiction websites here and here
- Look through The Abominable Snowman Choose Your Own Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book)
- View the titles of all the Choose Your Own Adventure books to get adventure topic ideas
- Play Zork, a text-based computer came. Here is a list of commands and directions. Here is a map of the dungeon if you get stuck or lost.
Math: None today due to completing a district Social Studies test.
Science: We watched a movie about being safe with electricity.
Social Studies: We read about the Soo Locks of the Upper Peninsula and reviewed Detroit’s automobile factory history.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 2
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Friday, February 12 from 1:30 pm to the end of the day. Click here to see the volunteer list and add your name if you are coming to the party!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.