October 14th, 2016
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Students worked on plays again today to practice reading fluently with speed, tone, accuracy and volume.
Writing: Students worked on editing and publishing today. A personal narrative will be due Monday, October 17; your student should be finalizing their narrative at this point.
Math: We practiced adding decimals today. Students also worked in MobyMax Math on decimal and place value skills. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Science: None today.
Social Studies: We learned that the first Europeans to explore North America were Vikings, and that explorers were looking for a sea route to Asia to get riches.
- The Fall Harvest Family Night is October 27 from 6-8 pm.
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is Friday, November 4 from 9-noon.
- Pajama Drive: our school is collecting donations of money or pajamas. Donations will be given to the Salvation Army to provide for children in need. Please consider how you can help and thank you for those that have already contributed.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.