October 21st, 2016
Spelling: We used letter cards to create words, including words with suffixes.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day.
Writing: We talked about adding visual details to make places in stories seem real.
Students also worked on drafting their personal narrative. Our last personal narrative will be due Monday, November 7; your student should be about half done with their draft at this point. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Math: We practiced estimating products by rounding, then multiplying. Students also worked on math skills at Khan Academy or MobyMax. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students should be finished with this week:
Science: We reviewed our last experiment about testing medicines scientifically.
Social Studies: We read about Spanish explorers, including Christopher Columbus.
- The Fall Harvest Family Night is October 27 from 6-8 pm.
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is Friday, November 4 from 9-noon. Here’s our volunteer list.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.