October 31st, 2016
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: None today due to Eagle Talk.
Writing: We talked more about making characters seem real by describing their behavior, showing their actions, including dialogue and visual details, and showing how other characters react.
Students also worked on revising conferences today. Our last personal narrative will be due Monday, November 7; your student should be making changes by revising. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Math: Some students practiced double-digit multiplication today while others worked on finishing missing or new math skills at Khan Academy or MobyMax. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students should be finished with by now:
- Multiplication Without Regrouping
- Multiplication With Regrouping
- Multiplying 2-Digit Numbers
- Multi-Digit Multiplication
Science: None today due to art.
Social Studies: We learned about some religious wars during the Age of Exploration that affected how America was colonized by English settlers that valued religious freedom.
- Fall conferences are November 15-17. View, edit, or sign up for conferences online.
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is Friday, November 4 from 9-noon. Here’s our volunteer and guest sign up list.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.