December 6th, 2016
Spelling: Students worked on Words to Learn lists by correcting words missed on the last test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on chunking and context clues as reading strategies.
Writing: We talked about writing strong endings that the reader will think about. Stories can end with:
- a visual detail
- something funny
- a small detail
- something big and splashy
- a surprise.
Students also continued drafting today. Our current piece of writing, a fiction narrative, is due Friday, December 16. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes and to finish drafting. Your student should be finished with their draft by tonight or tomorrow morning.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students might have missing:
- Divide by 1-digit numbers (no remainders)
- Zeros in the dividend (no remainders)
- Zeros in the quotient (no remainders)
- Divide with remainders
- Basic multi-digit division
- Multi-digit division
Science: We reviewed the activity from yesterday about evaluating clinical trials.
Social Studies: We learned about the Puritans and students worked on digital assessments for Lesson 3.
- Tomorrow is a late start day; school starts at 11 am.
- The Pizza Kit order pickup is December 8.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.