December 8th, 2016
Spelling: Students finished making their Words to Learn lists by correcting words missed on the last test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We talked about writing complete scenes that have a mix of talking, action, and visual details.
Students also started revising today. Our current piece of writing, a fiction narrative, is due Friday, December 16. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes. Your student should be finished with their draft by now and revising by making changes to the story.
Math: Students worked on a two-digit division using MobyMax Math today. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy, preferably MobyMax if your student has unfinished division skills.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students might have missing:
- Divide by 1-digit numbers (no remainders)
- Zeros in the dividend (no remainders)
- Zeros in the quotient (no remainders)
- Divide with remainders
- Basic multi-digit division
Science: None today due to our reading skills and AR practice time. We will be having a science test tomorrow about our topic of Studying People Scientifically.
Social Studies: We read about French and Dutch settlements in the New World. Homework is to finish the Lesson 3 Key Ideas, Got It? and Quiz if not finished in class.
- Our Fiesta Mexicana is Wednesday, December 21 from 9-noon. Family members are welcome to help out and join us. Here is our volunteer list.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.