December 9th, 2016
Spelling: We reviewed the idea that r following a vowel makes a new sound, as in he/her, cod/cord.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day.
Writing: Students worked on revising conferences today and continued to revise their own writing. Our current piece of writing, a fiction narrative, is due Friday, December 16. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes. Your student should be finished with their draft by now and revising by making changes to the story.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students might have missing:
- Divide by 1-digit numbers (no remainders)
- Zeros in the dividend (no remainders)
- Zeros in the quotient (no remainders)
- Divide with remainders
- Basic multi-digit division
Science: Students completed a test today about our topic of Studying People Scientifically.
Social Studies: We finished learning about French and Dutch settlements in the New World.
- Our Fiesta Mexicana is Wednesday, December 21 from 9-noon. Family members are welcome to help out and join us. Here is our volunteer list.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.