Spelling: We practiced common spelling patterns for soft syllable endings with the /er/ sound: writer, dollar, color.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading skills and AR practice day with a guest teacher.
Writing: Students checked out a book from the library to write a literary essay about (here’s our example essay). A literary essay will be due Friday, February 10. Homework is to work on prewriting the essay for at least 15 minutes.
Science: We learned about the nervous system today. Homework is to finish the brain note pages started in class.
Social Studies: Students finished learning about daily colonial life with a guest teacher. Homework is to finish reading pp. 114-119 and writing notes. Students also worked on digital assessments in class, and we’ll have more time tomorrow to finish this.
- Our class will be performing a class play in March. Here are the after school class practice and performance times. Hopefully getting the schedule early will allow everyone to work out scheduling conflicts.
- Middle school course request sheets are due February 14.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.