February 3rd, 2017
Spelling: None today due to a class meeting about how to improve our end of the day pack up and clean up procedures.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays. Today’s assignment will be collected Monday.
Reading: Final students performed their monologue today, focusing on reading aloud with speed, tone, accuracy and volume.
Writing: Students worked on drafting their essay today using their prewriting as a guide. A literary essay (here’s our example essay) will be due Friday, February 10. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes. After two drafting days, your student should have around three paragraphs written.
Here are some skills that should be leveled up at this point:
- Dividing Decimals 1
- Dividing Decimals 2
- Dividing Decimals 3
- Dividing Decimals 4
- Dividing Decimals 5
- Dividing Decimals 6
Science: We reviewed the idea of systems working together and tried to figure out which system in the body could be removed (we couldn’t find one!).
Social Studies: We learned about the colonial slave trade, reasons why slaves were captured, and how terrible the trip to America was.
- Our class will be performing a class play in March. Here are the after school class practice and performance times. Hopefully getting the schedule early will allow everyone to work out scheduling conflicts.
- Middle school course request sheets are due February 14.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.