May 22nd, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: None today due to the middle school field trip.
Writing: We started our final project of the year, a compare and contrast research project called Find It, Decide It. Students will be working with a partner to research a decision, compare and contrast two choices, and to make a decision based on research. Students should try to select their final topic idea tonight. The Find It, Decide It project is due Friday, June 2.
Math: We worked on dividing fractions word problems, and turning fractions into decimals. These are the final fraction skills of 5th grade. Your student should be leveled up on all fraction skills in Khan Academy (have them show you!). We’ll be finishing the year with volume and geometry skills. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Science: We reviewed our experiments from last week about planets in the solar system, modeling planet distances in the solar system, and modeling planet sizes.
Social Studies: We learned about how the Constitution split the powers of the government into federal and state powers. Students also worked on the digital Key Ideas, Got It? and Quiz for this lesson.
- 5th Grade Camp is this Thursday and Friday, May 25-26. Find what to bring, permission slips, and more information here.
- End of the Year Activites:
- Volunteer Luncheon, May 30
- Family Walk-a-Thon, May 31
- Field Day, June 8
- Celebration of Life, June 12
- 5th Grade Farewell, June 13
- Waterpark field trip, June 14
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.