April 3rd, 2006
Is it getting hot in here? Well, many scientists think so. They think the earth is getting warmer, and humans are blame because of all the fuels we burn and the pollution we create. But not everyone agrees that humans causing the earth to get hotter, or even if the earth is getting hotter.
This week, take a look at global warming. This is a controversial subject, and many people argue about it.
- First, watch these commercials. Make sure to click on all four ads.
- What is going to happen to the earth, according to these commercials?
- What is global warming
- What supposedly causes it
- How does it affect the earth?
- How can we make a difference? How can we help to stop global warming?
Go to Weather Underground. Look at the maximum and minimum temperature records. Was the maximum record more recent than the minimum record? If it is, then maybe Grand Blanc is getting hotter. If the maximum record is older, then maybe Grand Blanc isn’t getting hotter.
Now click next day at the top right of the Weather Underground page, and keep looking at all the days in April, and even May.
- Are most heat records new, or old?
Try out these extras: