Category Archive for 'Videos'
Thanks for everyone that donated food! We had plenty! Check out the pictures above for our crazy games, cards, and lunch!
Today was our Hawaiian Beach Bash! Students had Hawaiian pizza, Capri Suns and fruit kabobs! Later, they tossed foam noodles, ate pineapple slices, danced to the Beach Boys, and tried to win the hula hoop contest! Thanks to all the families that helped with food, donations, decorations, games, setup and cleanup! Our party was totally tubular because of everyone’s help!
Today was Team Day! The class had to work as a whole class team and in smaller teams to solve a series of challenges. They had to persevere and not give up, and most of the challenges were solved with hard work!
The students came up with these Top Teamwork Tricks after Team Day:
- Encourage others.
- Persevere; don’t quit.
- Keep talking.
- Think together.
- Listen to others.
- Help the team.
- Focus on the problem.
- Be selfless. Other people matter.
- Stay calm.
- Learn from mistakes.
We also finished playing a game called Win as Much as You Can. During our first try, the class only earned $900 out of $5,000. In this game, when teams agree to work together, everyone wins, but when some teams try to “get ahead” of the others, not only do some teams lose, but the whole class loses out. This game has 10 rounds and it took until the final rounds before the class started to think about how everyone could win, not just a few. We played again and learned from our mistakes, scoring $5,000 the second time. We learned that we need to find a way to “win-win,” so that everyone can win, not just a few.
We watched a video called, Crash and Learn:
Students learned that it’s okay, and sometimes even necessary, to crash and make mistakes. But champions LEARN from their crashes, instead of repeating them over and over or giving up.
- Thanks for everyone that helped with Team Day today!
- If you want to order a new McGrath shirt or other spirit wear, do that here before Thursday!
- Here is the School Supply list. Students will need these supplies next week, especially two poly envelopes (I have them in class for $0.50 each), a folder for take home papers, a pencil box or bag, and a dry erase marker.
- Students will need a pair of earbuds this year. Something inexpensive will be fine. Earbuds are preferred over large headphones that are hard to store and usually more expensive to replace.
- Need to update your contact information or send in your email address or phone number? Do that here.
- Parents and family members, find out more information about our class here.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Things to do if you haven’t don’t them yet:
- More class information…
We had a great year! Best wishes to everyone in middle school!