November 16th, 2006
Spelling: Today we learned four rules for using capital letters:
- For the names of specific people
- For the names of specific places
- For the names of titles
- For days, months, and holidays, but not seasons
We will have a spelling test on Monday, and the skill test will assess consonant digraphs (ph, th, wh, sh, ch) and words with digraphs. The unit 3 spelling packet will also be due on Monday.
Cursive: Cursive worksheets pp. 36-38 were made available this week and are due on Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles. We also read our shared book, Esperanza Rising and had silent reading WEB. Ask your student what they discussed today in Literature Circles.
Writing: Mrs. Bodary, our literacy specialist, was with us today for a lesson on developing the setting of a story. The next piece of writing will be due December 1.
Math: None today due to the half-day schedule.
Science: None today due to the half-day schedule.
Social Studies: None today due to the half-day schedule.
- Yellows: no magnets
- Oranges: no magnets
- Reds: no magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Conferences have begun. Click here for a list of conference times.
- Juice Volunteers for Friday, December 1: Shawn and Alison. Click here for a full list of juice volunteers.
- Book orders are due on Friday, November 17. Visit the Online Book Order page to order by credit card online.
- We are looking for donations of cardboard tubes (toilet tissue, paper towel, wrapping paper) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!