February 2nd, 2007
***A guest teacher was with us today.***
Cursive: Cursive pp. 60-62 were available this week.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Students continued to work on their piece of writing due February 9.
Math: Students completed a MiniQuiz about metric measurement and conversion. They also practiced decimal place value today. Homework is to complete Journal p. 108-109 if not finished in class.
Social Studies: Students presented the final two lessons to their teams for our Three Fires Indians project.
- Yellows: 3 magnets
- Oranges: 0 magnets
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
The Weekly Wrap (our week in 60 seconds):
- Spelling: compound words
- Cursive: worksheet pp. 60-62
- Reading: New Literature Circles books, one reading and discussion day
- Writing: Working on leads, students continuing with piece due February 9
- Math: Metric measurement to nearest cm and mm, metric conversion
- Science: Light is energy and white light is made of millions of different colors
- Social Studies: Three Fires Indians of Michigan
- Juice Volunteers: We are at the end of our volunteer list, so we’ll be creating a new list this week.
- Upcoming Events: Candle pick-up (February 4). New writing piece due (February 9); Straits of Mackinaw field trip (May 11). See the class calendar for more information.
- We are looking for donations of medium and long cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!