March 12th, 2007
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of seven or more words each are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles. Some groups worked on inferring as reading strategies.
Writing: None today due to technology.
Math: Students learned and played the math game, Queen’s Guard, taught by Mrs. Laird. One student from our class will represent our school in a tournament later this year.
Science: Students made Sound minibooks and posters to show what they know about sound, our next unit of study.
Social Studies: Students made new minibooks for our next unit: Europeans Arrive in Michigan. Representative Robertson (Michigan House of Representatives) also read to our class for March is Reading Month.
- Yellows: 1 magnet
- Oranges: 0 magnets
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Juice Volunteers: A new volunteer list will be sent home soon.
- Thank you to the nine chaperones who have volunteered for the Mackinaw trip. At this point, we have no more availability for additional chaperones. Spaces may open up as the trip gets closer.
- Spring Conference times are now available for April 2, 3 and 4! Sign up at the office windows.
- Upcoming Events: New writing piece due (March 23); Magic Show (March 23); Spring Conferences (April 2, 3 and 4); Straits of Mackinaw field trip (May 11). See the class calendar for more information.
- We are looking for donations of medium and long cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!