April 2nd, 2007
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of seven or more words each are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day for Literature Circles.
Writing: None today due to technology. We are currently working on an “I-search” research project. It might be a good idea to visit McFarlen or Baker Park Library and look for more books, and use the computers while they’re at it, to find more information about the selected topic. This project will be due on April 27, but will likely be presented on April 30 via PowerPoint.
Math: None today due to the half-day schedule.
Science: None today due to the half-day schedule.
Social Studies: We wrote Literature Circles-type responses for Pontiac’s Rebellion, and will have a discussion next time.
- Yellows: 0 magnets
- Oranges: 0 magnets
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Juice Volunteers for Friday, April 20: Tiyanna and Alex H. Click here for a list of volunteers.
- Thank you to the nine chaperones who have volunteered for the Mackinaw trip. At this point, we have no more availability for additional chaperones. Spaces may open up as the trip gets closer.
- Spring Conferences are on April 2, 3 and 4! Click here for a schedule.
- Upcoming Events: Spring Conferences (April 2, 3 and 4); New writing piece due (April 27); Kids’ Inquiry Conference (April 27); Straits of Mackinaw field trip (May 11). See the class calendar for more information.
- We are looking for donations of medium and long cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!