September 5th, 2007
Today in class we took care of a bunch of procedural tasks:
- Students chose lockers and made locker signs
- Students moved into their desks
- Students were shown our class weather station, including the rain gauge, brightness sensor, wind sensor and thermometer.
- Students received several new items for their desks:
- a shuttle folder to take home papers and notes (this goes home as needed and isn’t limited to just Fridays)
- a fridge folder for leftovers–left over work that stays in their desk to be finished on another day
- a planner, which students will use to record homework and the day’s activities
- Today was the first day in Spanish
- We talked about Team jobs, team points, and voted on team captains
- We took a tour of the cafeteria, office, playground and inside recess to discuss positive behavior in each area
- We started reading, A Long Way from Chicago, by Richard Peck.