November 19th, 2007
Spelling: We reviewed homophones and digraphs (wh, th, ph, ch, sh).
Cursive: Cursive pages 44-46 are available and due Friday. This is the beginning of the upper case cursive letter review.
Reading: Today was a Literature Circles discussion day. Some groups worked on visualizing and determining main idea.
Writing: None today due to technology. The next piece of writing is due November 28. Students should be revising by now.
Math: We reviewed bar graphs and students completed a bar graph MiniQuiz. The trade-first method of subtraction was also introduced.
Science: We read the science text about conductors and insulators, open and closed circuits, and switches. Homework is to finish Investigation Review p. 86.
Social Studies: We finished learning about the branches of government. Homework is to finish the branches of government flip chart started in class, including listing the name of each branch, the job of each branch, and a picture to represent each branch.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Capitol Field Trip on Tuesday, December 4. Click here for more information or a permission slip. Let me know if you would like to chaperone.
- The Candle fundraiser has started and continues through November 26. This is our biggest fundraiser for our spring Mackinac trip.
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!