November 28th, 2007
Spelling: Today was a spelling test and skill test over digraphs: sh, th, wh, ch and ph.
Cursive: Cursive pages 44-46 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day. Some groups worked on fix up strategies, such as rereading.
Writing: A piece of writing was due into portfolios today. The next piece of writing is due December 19.
Math: Today students prepared their multiplication and division fact triangles and started sorting them into “know” and “don’t know” piles. Homework is to finish sorting the triangles into “know” and “don’t know” piles and to practice the “don’t know” pile two times.
Science: We talked about the design of light bulbs, dissected a light bulb, and learned that incandescent lights need the surrounding glass globe to prevent oxygen from fueling a flame hot enough to burn through the filament.
Social Studies: We played Government Jeopardy! to review the branches of government. We also reviewed the branches of government at the local level.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 12
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Capitol Field Trip on Tuesday, December 4. Click here for more information or a permission slip. Let me know if you would like to chaperone.
- Want an electronic dictionary? Orders are due Friday, November 30 and the cost is $20.
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!