January 23rd, 2008
Spelling: Today we reviewed and collected the Unit 5 worksheets and also previewed some words from the next spelling test.
Cursive: Cursive pages 56-58 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Students practiced reading plays in their magazines today focusing on voice and expression. The plays will be their mini-projects for this cycle.
Writing: We talked today about writing lively leads to start a piece of writing. Students also started their prewriting conferences. The next piece of writing is due February 8. This piece should be some type of fiction not including any student from our class as a character.
Science: Students completed the “What is Light?” experiment. Homework is to finish the analyze and conclude questions if not done in class.
The Energy Fair in this Friday. Students are to select an object from home that demonstrates at least one form of energy that we have been discussing, and to make a poster and give a presentation that explains the exhibit. Here are the guidelines and a rubric for the project.
Social Studies: Student groups created tour guide scripts for a section of Michigan. We are taking a “tour” of Michigan tomorrow!
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 4
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 0
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- The second marking period and first semester has ended. Look for report cards this Friday, January 25, or check SnapGrades if you can’t wait!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!