March 7th, 2008
Spelling: Students took a spelling test and skill test over compound words today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences were collected today.
Reading: Today was the Read-a-Thon.
Writing: Today we continued taking notes about the Core Democratic Values.
The next piece of writing, a persuasive Take-a-Stand piece, is due Thursday, March 20.
Science: We took notes in our minibooks and played a game to review for the science test on Monday. The test will assess these concepts:
- Light is energy;
- White light is made of millions of different colors;
- Prisms separate white light; filters block colors of light;
- Light moves in straight lines;
- Shadows are areas where light is blocked;
- Shadows grow larger when the light source is closer to the object; they grow longer when the light is on the side of the object.
Social Studies: None on Fridays.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 17
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- March is Reading Month. Class goal: 100 books (limit of two “just right” picture books for each student) by March 28!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers (full list): Christian and Zach P. Thanks for your generosity!
- Visit our Mackinaw Field Trip page for more information on our May 9 trip.