March 27th, 2008
Spelling: We reviewed uses of apostrophes and discussed the Unit 8 spelling worksheets. We’ll have a spelling test tomorrow; the skill test will be over irregular verbs (e.g., make > made, eat > ate).
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each are due Friday.
Reading: Students presented their Literature Circles projects today. Scroll down to view pictures from their projects.
Writing: Students continued to work on their I-Search projects (click here for more details) by refining and narrowing their research question. Some started to collect research on their I-Search 2008 class wiki page. Homework is to finalize their research question by tomorrow.
A summary of the project:
Students will research their I-Search question using print and internet sources and create a digital presentation using PowerPoint or MrHowd.com Google Docs presentation software. Students are collecting their research on our I-Search 2008 class wiki. Later, students will present their findings to other students who sign up to attend their talk. The presentation slides will be turned in to portfolios for a writing grade.
The I-Search presentation is due April 25.
Math: None today due to an extended time with Literature Circles.
Science: None on Thursdays due to library.
Social Studies: We continued to learn about the French fur trade in Michigan, writing notes our our Etch-a-Sketch organizers. We’ll also have a continent quiz tomorrow.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 14
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- This week’s juice volunteers (full list): Jadin and Hannah. Thanks for your generosity!
- March is Reading Month. Class goal: 100 books (limit of two “just right” picture books for each student) by March 28! Students are allowed to dress as their favorite characters tomorrow, March 28, as a reward for reaching the 100 book class goal!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Visit our Mackinaw Field Trip page for more information on our May 9 trip.