May 1st, 2008
Class activities for Thursday, May 1
Spelling: We reviewed /ou/ spelling patterns by making words with letter tiles.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Today we talked about how a story can be turned into a poem using at least one of the three ingredients of a poem:
- imagery (visualizing and feeling)
- music (a rhythm or beat)
A collection of poems will be due into portfolios on Friday, May 16. The poems will be shared at a Poetry Slam at Border’s Book Store in June.
Math: Students worked in teams to complete division relays today, then took a division MiniQuiz.
Science: None due to library.
Social Studies: We learned that the Northwest Ordinance of 1787 was a plan to create three, four or five states from the Northwest Territory, and Michigan was eventually one of the states created.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 2
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 0
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- This week’s juice volunteers (full list): Katie and Chandler. Thanks for your generosity!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Visit our Mackinaw Field Trip page for more information on our May 9 trip.