June 6th, 2008
Spelling: Students completed a year-end achievement test today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each are due Friday. This was the last cursive assignment of the year.
Reading: None today.
An overview of the project:
Students will work with a partner to make a decision (which CD to buy, which restaurant to go to, which vacation to take, which game to buy, which book to read, which movie to watch). Students will use the internet to find information to help them make their decision, and MrHowd.com Google Docs (docs.mrhowd.com) or Sites (sites.mrhowd.com) will be used to collaborate on the project.
This piece was due into portfolios today. Click here for more information.
Math: Students played fraction war to compare the size of fractions.
Science: We graded Investigation Review p. 86 today.
Social Studies: None today.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 58
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Field Day is Monday, June 9. Our morning session of activities will be from 9:30 am until 11:50 am. We will have an afternoon session from 1:10-2:10 pm. The afternoon session includes a dunk tank. If your student will be going in the dunk tank, we discussed these rules:
- students must have a change of clothes to go in the dunk tank or get soaked
- girls must have swim suits that “meet in the middle:” the tops and bottoms of two piece suits must touch in the middle, or girls must wear a shirt over their suits
- the goal is modesty, so please be modest
- End of the Year Potluck and Picnic, Thursday, June 12, 12:30-3:50 pm. Here is a list of what students volunteered for. Family members are invited! Please RSVP below to indicate how many people are coming and how you can help
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.