June 12th, 2008
We ended the year on a high note full of busyness and fun! The morning was packed with last-minute duties:
- cleaning out desks and lockers
- passing out report cards and awards
- learning how to say no to drugs and bad decisions (part of Health)
- reviewing how to add and subtract fractions
The afternoon had us enjoying a wonderful potluck lunch! Thanks to everyone brining in a dish to pass! We had more than enough food and full bellies were plentiful! To wrap up the day and the year, we played crazy games. Students…
- ate ice cream and whip cream without using hands,
- stuck Life Savers on a friend’s face,
- made lemonade with a lemon slice, sugar packet and water,
- threw frisbees, cucumbers, and soggy sponges,
- carried marshmallows, and BBQ sauce, with their mouths, and
- loaded up a friend with shaving cream, only to smear it all over the class (and me) when the game was finished!
It was a great year, one that everyone can be proud of! Thanks for all you have done, both students and parents, to make our year a success. Post a comment to this post to share your feelings on the end of the school year and how you think it went.