September 12th, 2008
Spelling: We reviewed common spelling patterns for the long o sound (oa, ow, old, o-something-e).
Cursive: Cursive pp. 15-17 were reviewed today. Most students had their cursive completed, but nine students will have to complete their cursive during their own recess time next week.
Reading: None today due to the Energy Fair.
Writing: None today due to an assembly.
I’ve asked students to decorate their portfolio with drawings, photographs, stickers, magazine clippings–anything that is flat (the folders will be laminated) and is appropriate for school. The portfolios are due next Tuesday.
Math: We continued to review rays, lines and line segments today. The homework from Thursday will be graded on Monday.
Science: Today was the Energy Fair! Everyone brought in very interesting objects that displayed many different forms of energy. Due to an assembly and some poor behavior choices, we didn’t have enough time to finish the Energy Fair today; a few students will present on Monday.
Social Studies: We graded the homework from yesterday.
- Yellow magnets: 6
- Orange magnets: 1
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 38
- Hours with no orange magnets: 0
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- I’ve asked students to bring in up to three things to put up on our Pride Board. Students are welcome to bring photos, awards, medals-anything that can be put on a bulletin board. Students can replace the items at any time and will get them back at the end of the year.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.