November 25th, 2008
Class activities for Tuesday, November 25
Spelling: None today due to extra time publishing our writing pieces. Students will prepare Words to Learn lists next week.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 48-50 are available and due next Friday.
Reading: Today, students completed a narrative reading test and planned their Literature Circles projects to share their books with the class.
Writing: Today was a publishing day for our class book: If I Were President… Students will be writing final copies of their text and illustrations this week and next.
Each student will write and illustrate one page for our class book, and this page will also be submitted into portfolios on December 1.
Math: Today was a math test assessing these concepts:
- data landmarks (minimum, maximum, range, mode, median)
- bar graphs
- reading and writing large numbers
Science: Students used lasers to see that light travels in straight lines. Using mirrors, they were challenged to reflect a laser beam around their tables to hit a water bottle.
Social Studies: None due to an extra time with science.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 1
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 230
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.