December 4th, 2008
Cursive: Cursive pp. 48-50 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Students continued to work on Literature Circles projects to share their books with the class; the projects will be shared Monday.
Writing: Today was a prewriting day. Some students started or worked on a web, list, chart, or freewrite. Our next piece will be a fictional story, due into portfolios by December 19.
Math: We reviewed factors and products today, and played Factor Bingo to practice these concepts.
Science: We reviewed the shadows experiment and learned that a shadow is an area where light is blocked.
Social Studies: Governor Jared signed both the “No Tipping” and the “No Touching Mr. Howd’s Stuff” bills. Now the state troopers are responsible to enforce those laws. We also reviewed the Branches of US Government chart homework, and wrote notes in our minibooks.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 0
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 7): 16
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 4): 35
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Children’s Speller and Dictionary Order due Friday, December 5. Franklin has a sale in December every year. This dictionary, which we have in class, is on sale for $5 off, plus free shipping. Here’s more information and an order form.
- Capitol Field Trip on Tuesday, December 9. Click here for more information or a permission slip. Let me know if you would like to chaperone.
- Donations for sponsored family: our class will be collecting donations for a few families in need this holiday season. A letter went home with students explaining food and gift donations. Our class will be donating items for a 7-year old boy. Several students volunteered to donate one of the gifts from the shopping list provided; others volunteered to donate wrapping paper and tape. We will wrap the gifts on Friday, December 12. Thanks for helping this family have a wonderful Christmas!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Lauren and Emily