September 22nd, 2009
Spelling: We reviewed the idea that some words have silent letters (become, whistle, less, knot, write).
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 29-31 are available and due Friday.
Reading: We used Esperanza Rising to practice making connections.
Writing: We learned today to find a focus in writing and to try to narrow down the idea to just the best parts.
Students also continued to work on their draft of their first piece of writing, or started to revise. A personal narrative about one of their own memories is due into portfolios Friday, September 25. Students should have their rough draft complete and be ready to begin revising by now.
Math: We used straws and twist ties to make angles and quandrangles today. Homework is to finish Journal p. 6.
Science: Students worked on group questions about random samples. Homework is to finish the Are Random Samples Okay? worksheet if not done in class.
Social Studies: None today due to art.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 1
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week: 4
- Do you happen to have any spare garbage bag twist ties? We would use them in math if happen to have any you could spare! Thanks!
- Grand Blanc has a new Wellness Policy (PDF).
- Would you like to volunteer for a class event? Download and print a volunteer information form (PDF).
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.