April 15th, 2010
Spelling: We reviewed words that contain apostrophes, and their homophones that don’t use apostrophes (there’s/theirs, let’s/lets, who’s/whose).
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on making connections as a reading strategy.
- Week 1: Collect research
- Week 2: Select research, plan presentation, start draft of presentation
- Week 3: Finalize presentation, present at our I-Search Conference
Science: We predicted what plants might need to live:
- air/oxygen/carbon dioxide
Then we went outside and dug up plants along the Gibson Drain. We will use these plants in order to test our plant need predictions.
Social Studies: We completed a chart of economic activities (unlimited wants and limited resources leads to scarcity, which means people have to make choices, and that leads to an opportunity cost).
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 7
- Find more information about Summer School, including dates and payment options.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.