June 10th, 2019
We learned about credit cards today, how to use them wisely, how to pay them off in full each month, and how dangerous they can be if people buy more than they can afford.
We also learned about the dangers of tobacco today. Here’s a video that shows how contaminated a person’s lungs can get from smoking a pack a day for a month.
Beyond the health concerns, we calculated how much money is wasted on cigarettes. A person smoking a pack a day would spend…
- …about $200 a month.
- …about $2200 a year.
- …about $30,000 in 10 years.
If that person invested that $200 a month instead of buying cigarettes, they would have $36,000 after 10 years, and almost a MILLION dollars after 40 years! Smoking kills health and bank accounts.
- Important Dates
- 5th Grade Farewell Program, June 13, 9 am – 12 pm. Students, wear something nice!
- Waterpark Field Trip, June 14, 10 am – 3 pm. We need one more chaperone to drive students to the park. Can you help?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.