April 5th, 2006
Class activities for Wednesday, April 5
Reading: Today several groups presented their Literature Circles projects. We will continue with the rest tomorrow.
Language Arts: No mini-lesson today due to library. Students worked on their piece of writing due April 13. Students should be finalizing their draft by now, looking ahead to a revising conference, or revising their piece.
Spelling: Today, student pairs used letter cards to create words, paying attention to how individual letters are used to create sounds.
The Level Four Core Word list is an option for continued practice.
Math: Our double session of math today included taking the test over chapter 5, and starting our work with division. Students used the stategy of counting multiples as a way to divide. (120/6…10 groups of 6 is 60, and another 10 [6s] is 60, so 120/6 is 20 [6s]…120/6 = 20). Homework is to finish journal pp. 147-149.
Science: None today due to a double-session yesterday. A test over sound will be tomorrow.
Social Studies: Students looked at the life of a typical Chippewa family, pp. 73-80 in the book. Homework is to complete the chapter 3 worksheets.
We will finish our Jigsaw cooperative group project tomorrow. Visit the Social Studies resources page for more information, and stop in to the Social Studies Jigsaw blog archives for a peek at what students worked on for this project.
A test over the first people of Michigan will be coming up next week.
- Conferences are April 10-12. Reserve your appointment at the office windows.
- HELP WANTED: Mr. Keilitz is looking for parents willing to help with Field Day, which is at the end of May. If you are willing to help, please fill out the form here. Thanks!
- Mackinaw Fundraising Update: our class has raised $2,078, which is 77% of our goal. We have $622 remaining to reach our goal of $2,700. Visit our Straits of Mackinaw field trip page for the latest updates.
- Interested in going to Mackinaw? We still have three chaperone spots available for the trip. Fill out the form here if you would like to go.
- McGrath Family Cookbooks are now on sale. Copies can be purchased for $10 and all proceeds go towards our Mackinaw trip. Checks are payable to McGrath.
April 5th, 2006 at 4:41 pm
i cant wait for the test tomorrow.
April 7th, 2006 at 11:00 am
THE HOMEWORK MR.HOWD GAVE ME IT,S FUN