April 28th, 2006
Click here for the latest Fourth Story newsletter.
Reading: Today students practiced reading their selected picture books, paying careful attention to reading with fluency and expression. Students will read their books to classes at Anderson Elementary later next week. Homework is to read their picture books aloud to an adult at least three times this weekend.
Language Arts: We finished journaling our review ideas about the meanings of Core Democratic Values (CDVs). Students will use these notes to take a stand on issues next week.
Spelling: Today, students completed a mini-poster to review rules for making plurals.
The Level Four Core Word list is an option for continued practice.
Math: Students participated in Math Skills, and completed a MiniQuiz over division.
- Donating towards Mackinaw? Thank you for sending in any final donations within the next week or so! We are very near our class and grade level goal.
- Chaperones…we will need a final count of parents chaperoning the Mackinaw Trip by Monday, May 1
- Thanks for volunteering! A volunteer appreciation luncheon is being planned for Monday, May 15, from 11:00 am to 1:30 pm. Please come! RSVP here or send in a note.
- The school election is Tuesday, May 2, and Magic Math Night will be the same day, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
- HELP WANTED: Mr. Keilitz is looking for parents willing to help with Field Day, which is May 31. If you are willing to help, please fill out the form here. Thanks!
- Interested in going to Mackinaw? We have only two more chaperone spots available for the trip. Fill out the form here if you would like to go.
- McGrath Family Cookbooks are now on sale. Copies can be purchased for $10 and all proceeds go towards our Mackinaw trip. Checks are payable to McGrath.