September 5th, 2006
Welcome DeMario, Alison, Reed, Shawn, McKenna, Iain, Nicholas E., Tiyanna, Erica, Alex H., Josh H., Kyle, Nick K., Brandon, Sierra, Kayla, Kori, Brad, David, Abbey, Cameron, Alex S., La’Trice, De’Aundre, Erin, Cole, Noah, Joshua W., and Ci’onna!
Welcome back to school! It’s going to be a great year! And parents, welcome to our class blog! Everyday, I will post the day’s activities and homework, as well as important notes and class reminders. You can also find a class calendar, information on procedures, forms and notes, and ways to contact me. Check back here daily to get the scoop on what’s happening in school!
Today consisted of, uh, fun and games! Get to know you games, that is.
First, there was a Mr. Howd test. Of course, no one had studied, so everyone failed. But I still gave them A’s. I told them that that was the last time they would earn an “A” without studying.
We played a game outside to learn everyone’s name, and I think I’ve got them all! We also played 30-second Squirt, in which a student has 30 seconds to tell us about themselves. If they say “um”, “er” or “like, like”, or stop talking for more than 5 seconds, I get to squirt them with a water bottle!
We also started “I’d rather be….” bumper stickers. Summer was fun, but no one could succeed in life without school, so hopefully everyone would rather be here learning!
An all-school assembly over procedures rounded out our half day.
- Students will need a dry erase marker and three poly envelopes this week. I have them for $0.50 each, or they can be purchased at any office store. See the schools supplies page for more information.
- Students will also need a mug for our “paper and coffee” Fridays.
- Students were also asked today to bring in three “objects” that show who they are, and that can be put on display on our Room 130 Pride board. These could be photos, postcards, papers, medals, or little trickets that can be put in bags and hung on the board. The only limitation is size, and being able to be attached somehow to a bulletin board. These objects can remain with us the whole year, or rotated out whenever the student wants.
- Don’t forget to return the Emergency Data Cards and Student AUP form sent home today in the eagle folder.
- Team Day is this Friday, from 2:15-3:30. Parent volunteers are needed to help run team-building activities. Instructions are provided. Contact me if you would like to volunteer.
- A copy of the Fourth Story newsletter was sent home today. Download a copy here.