December 21st, 2006
***Fourth Grade Musical Tonight! Meet in our room at 7:15.***
Spelling: We learned all the famous ways to make the /j/ sound: j, gi, gy, ge, and dge. Visit the spelling page to download a copy of the unit 5 spelling worksheets.
Cursive: Cursive worksheets pp. 51-53 are available and due tomorrow.
Reading: None today. Students have finished their Literature Circles books and will prepare a group project to share their book with the class after Christmas break.
Writing: Today was a work day for students. Students should be publishing at this time. The next piece of writing, some type of narrative (personal or fiction), is due tomorrow, December 22.
Math: Students completed a math test today over the following concepts:
- multiplication facts
- number sentences (true, false, can’t tell)
- solving a number sentence using parentheses
- solving for a variable in a number sentence
- solving number stories
- logic problems
Social Studies: None today due to finishing up science presentations.
- Yellows: 3 magnets
- Oranges: 0 magnets
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Our Mexican Fiesta is tomorrow! Thanks for the generous donations. We should have everything we need for the party, but helping hands during the fiesta are always appreciated! Click here for details.
- Juice Volunteers for Friday, January 5: Erin and DeMario. Click here for a full list of juice volunteers.
- We are looking for donations of medium and short cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!