December 20th, 2006
Spelling: Students corrected their incorrect spelling test words on a Words to Learn list. This is their customized spelling list for the next spelling test. Visit the spelling page to download a copy of the unit 5 spelling worksheets.
Cursive: Cursive worksheets pp. 51-53 are available and due on Thursday.
Reading: None today. Students have finished their Literature Circles books and will prepare a group project to share their book with the class after Christmas break.
Writing: Today was a work day for students. Students should be editing or publishing at this time. The next piece of writing, some type of narrative (personal or fiction), is due December 22.
Math: None today due to bowling. We will have a math test on Thursday. The test will be over the following concepts:
- multiplication facts
- number sentences (true, false, can’t tell)
- solving a number sentence using parentheses
- solving for a variable in a number sentence
- solving number stories
- logic problems
Science: Students continued to work on their “Wicked Weather” project. Student groups are creating a melodrama about severe weather and safety precautions. The melodramas will be performed on Thursday. Get the worksheets for the project here.
Social Studies: We learned about Michigan’s two regions: the Upper Peninsula and the Lower Peninsula.
Bowling: Students had their fill of flying pins and french fries! Is is allowed for the students to get higher scores than the teacher?
- Yellows: 1 magnet
- Oranges: 0 magnets
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Our Mexican Fiesta is this Friday! Thanks for the generous donations. We should have everything we need for the party, but helping hands during the fiesta are always appreciated! Click here for details.
- Juice Volunteers for Friday, January 5: Erin and DeMario. Click here for a full list of juice volunteers.
- We are looking for donations of medium and short cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!