December 19th, 2006
Class activities for Tuesday, December 19
***Grand Blanc Lanes field trip tomorrow (see below)***
Spelling: None today due to Gift Factory. Family members, don’t go sneakin’ around for the gift! Visit the spelling page to download a copy of the unit 5 spelling worksheets.
Cursive: Cursive worksheets pp. 51-53 are available and due on Thursday.
Reading: None today. Students have finished their Literature Circles books and will prepare a group project to share their book with the class after Christmas break.
Writing: Today we discussed how to look for creative ways to organize writing. Students should be editing at this time. The next piece of writing, some type of narrative (personal or fiction), is due December 22.
Math: We played mathsketball to review for the math test coming on Thursday. The test will be over the following concepts:
- multiplication facts
- number sentences (true, false, can’t tell)
- solving a number sentence using parentheses
- solving for a variable in a number sentence
- solving number stories
- logic problems
Science: Students continued to work on their “Wicked Weather” project. Student groups are creating a melodrama about severe weather and safety precautions. The melodramas will be performed on Thursday. Get the worksheets for the project here.
Social Studies: We reviewed Michigan’s climate and weather and the “newsflash” worksheet previously completed. We also wrote notes in our minibooks about what we learned.
- Yellows: 4 magnets
- Oranges: 1 magnet
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Our Mexican Fiesta is this Friday! We’re looking for families willing to help during the party or donate items. Click here for details.
- Juice Volunteers for Friday, January 5: Erin and DeMario. Click here for a full list of juice volunteers.
- Grand Blanc Lanes field trip coming tomorrow! Thanks for sending in your permission slip and $4.00 donation! Click here for details.
- We are looking for donations of medium and short cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!